Indiana Stock Market Game Rules
1. Teams start with $100,000 in their portfolio and $50,000 on margin.
2. Teams have ten weeks to invest.
3. You need your account number and password to login to make an order.
4. To enter an order, a ticker symbol, the number of shares and the type of order is required.
5. Stocks must have price of at least $3.00 per share.
6. Teams may not invest more than 18% of their Buying Power (available equity X 1.5) in any one company. At the beginning of the session this limit is about $27,000.
7. 3X4 rule. By the end of the 4th week, each team should have at least 3 stocks in their portfolio and continue to hold at least three for the remainder of the program. Teams that do not meet this will not be eligible for awards.
8. A 1% broker's fee is charged every time the team buys or sells. For example, if you buy 100 shares of a stock at $10 per share, you must pay the 1% of $1000 or $10.
9. Teams may buy stocks on margin (borrow money). How much you may borrow is dependent upon the equity in your account. 7% interest is charged weekly on funds borrowed.
10. No more than 100 buys or sells can be made.
11. Team rankings are available on the Rankings page